The fee for each class will be $100.
To sign up for the non-competitive, enrichment Science Olympiad classes:
ANATOMY & PHYSIOLOGY– Students will learn about the anatomy and physiology of selected body systems, including skeletal, muscular and integumentary systems.
CIRCUIT LAB– Students will learn about electricity and magnetism, as well as design and build simple circuits.
DISEASE DETECTIVES – Students will use investigative skills in the scientific study of the spread of disease, injury, health and disability in populations.
ELASTIC LAUNCHED GLIDER – Students design, construct and test elastic launched gliders to achieve the maximum time aloft.
GAME ON -Students will design and build an original computer game using the program Scratch, incorporating scientific themes provided by the instructor.
MYSTERY ARCHITECTURE – Teams will be given a bag of building materials and instructions for designing and building a device that can be tested.
ROLLER COASTERS – Students will design, build, and test a roller coaster track to guide a vehicle that uses gravitational potential energy as its sole means of propulsion.
TOWERS & BRIDGES – Students will design and build towers and bridges to achieve the highest structural efficiency.
Please note that your registration is not complete and your spot in the course is not secured until you receive your PayPal confirmation number.
- Open to all HMS and WJHS students.
- Eight weeks of classes, beginning December 5 and continuing through February 7 (no classes over Winter Break).
- Covers range of topics from all STEM disciplines such as Life Sciences, Earth & Space, Physics & Chemistry, or Technology & Engineering.
- Taught by volunteer experts from our community.
- Class sizes are limited and fill quickly. If a class is full, make sure to add your name to the wait list.
Questions? Please contact email@example.com or 847-853-3939.